Shimano Stella FK Spinning Reel
Leaders never settle while redefining innovation, a trajectory of infinite evolution. The iconic heritage of the Stella family embodies this mindset with the debut of the new Stella FK aimed at enriching angler performance through the debut of industry leading Shimano reel technology. Built upon the Shimano legacy of cold-forged HAGANE gears for added strength with the refinement of MicroModule II technology, new InfinityXross technology extends the gear tooth horizontally to distribute load across the gear tooth more evenly for unequaled gear durability. The InfinityDrive passed down through its saltwater brethren delivers light rotation and increased cranking power under load. With up to 10 times the durability, the revolutionary new Duracross drag system provides the smooth performance of felt but the toughness of Cross Carbon. Combining new spool and rotor innovations with proven Shimano technology increases casting and reeling performance with improved line management. Shimano's new InfinityLoop technology extends the spool oscillation to produce a more even line lay for a beautiful winding shape that results in increased casting performance. The combination of the new Anti-Twist Fin, an elastic polymer on the underside of the roller, with a redesigned drag knob and fortified propulsion lip enhances reeling performance with superior line management. Infinity Evolution: The new Stella has arrived.
- InfinityXross: Advancements in manufacturing technology and gear tooth design improve the surface contact and meshing between the drive gear and pinion gear. This revolutionary design efficiently distributes the load placed on the gear tooth surface across a wider area to prevent damage from stress points while significantly improving overall gear durability.
- Infinity Loop: Advancements in the internal structure and design extend the spool's oscillation to enable the spool to move up and down at an extremely low speed. This technology creates a precise winding pattern with less overlap that significantly reduces friction as the line leaves the spool during a cast. The result is smooth and exceptional casting performance, especially of light lures.
- Infinity Drive: The Infinity Drive structure is a more advanced version of the conventional X-SHIP structure that created exceptionally light winding. The main shaft, which had previously been supported by the pinion gear, is now supported by a new and unique low-friction bushing that significantly decreases frictional resistance. In addition, the main shaft has undergone a proprietary surface treatment and special processing to drastically reduce rotational torque, constructing a reel that can actively wind even under heavy loads.
- Anti Twist Fin: The flexible polymer fin is installed near the line roller. This maintains line tension to reduce sagging and prevents the line from falling off the bottom of the spool or wrapping around the spool in an uneven manner.
- Dura Cross: Constructed to enhance overall durability, this revolutionary drag washer incorporates cutting-edge materials woven in a unique pattern compared to conventional drag washers. Without sacrificing a smooth drag feel, this new material is greater than 10x more durable for improved drag performance.
- Propulsion Line Management System: The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion Spool Lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations, Shimano’s new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while also preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.