Evergreen International SB Topwater Plug
The Evergreen SB, also known as the "shower blow", is a topwater lure designed to walk and chug in order to mimic forage species predators feed upon. The SB series of topwater lures was developed by Bassmaster Elite Series pro Morizo Shimizu to create a lure that more accurately captured the frantic nature of baitfish as they flee across the water trying to escape their pursers.
When you look at the Evergreen SB, you can tell it's different from a lot of the other topwater lures on the market today. First and foremost, the lure has a tapered body that starts with a slim head section slowly increasing until it reaches its thickest point in the rear. A tapered body helps get more of a "tail kick" action when you twitch it - the cupped mouth actually creates torque to move the tail more aggressively. Speaking of the cupped mouth, Evergreen engineered the angle and depth of the concave mouth precisely to their specifications. The result provides anglers with another way to work the lure: either straight up walking or get a little more force behind it to stir up the water. High quality, detailed paint finishes are a nice added touch that are far more important when it comes to topwater lures as fish are feeding with their vision in many cases. Feathered rear treble enhances the baitfish look of the lure.
- Original Mouth Design - The inside of the bill powerfully pushes the water forward, continuously producing bubbly spit. The outside slaps the water sideways every time its neck moves. It features continuous water movement inside and out while in action.
- Flat Tail Design - The fat tail design applies the right amount of flotation to the weight that’s concentrated in the back. A near-horizontal floating position and gravity center in the back creates superior action response and generates continuous quick turns within a short moving distance.
- Heavy Tungsten Weight - The heaviest tungsten ball is placed in the back of the body. This produces remarkable casting distance. Weight concentrated in the back means the lure is less likely to bounce off of and more likely to hook the bass.
- Rattle Sounds - The low rumble of the tungsten ball and the high timbre of the steel ball create a piercing rattle that appeals to and attracts fish across a wide expanse.
- Feather Hooks - The feathers help support light and short bites. By creating resistance, feather hooks add sharpness to quick turn actions.
- Length: 77mm (3"), 105mm ( 4-1/8"), 125mm ( 4-7/8")
- Weight: 77mm ( 11/32oz), 105mm (9/16oz), 125mm (15/16oz)